Never pay for braces again!
This subscription is a unique hassle free way to maintain your new smile.
Join the Maintainer Plan – 150€ / year
Protect your investment and keep your smile straight.
Get fresh new retainers every 6 months to keep your teeth straight.
In the event that your teeth move, get up to 3 sets of aligners to straighten them again.
We keep your 3D files in the system so we can create new aligners for you at any point.
Before getting started
Anyone can lose their retainers and if you don't have a back up plan it becomes more expensive, and may require you to take new impressions. This can cause delays and put you at risk of your teeth moving back.
Brand new retainers in the ideal position keep your smile straight and fresh by preventing any unwanted movement, and can also serve as whitening trays to keep your smile bright.
For UK residents: £139 / year
If you join 60 days after the end of your treatment there is an extra fee of 99€ / £89 on top of the regular cost for the first year.
View the Terms & Conditions
- Cost of membership is 150€ if you join within 60 days of completing your treatment. If you decide to join later, there will be an additional fee of 99€ on top of the normal fee for the first year. (249€ in total for the first year, 150€ every following year)
- You will receive a fresh, new set of retainers when you join the Maintainer Plan, upon yearly renewal, as well as every six months. The first set will be posted to you straight after joining, then 6 months after and upon renewal of your membership 6 months later.
- You can cancel anytime by giving us written advance notice (email or app message) up to 2 months before automatic renewal.
- Each retainer is guaranteed against breakage from normal use for 14 days after receipt (similar to the length of time you would use your aligners). To activate this guarantee, you must send us a picture clearly showing the broken retainer. If the retainer breaks after use (more than 14 days), it is no longer covered by the breakage guarantee. The retainer is meant for nightly use, and is not intended as a replacement for a teeth grinding splint / bruxism treatment / to withstand excessive pressure, which requires a thicker appliance.
- The guarantee doesn't cover against loss
- If you have major dental work done, such as veneers/crowns/bridges/implants, or have a fixed retainer inserted, or cosmetic bonding done, then you will need new impressions to update the new shape of your teeth and mouth, as your old digital models won't be accurate. There is a fee of 79€ to cover new impressions, shipping to and from you and digital modifications to your file. This cost also covers a second impression kit if needed to get an accurate capture.
- If you have dental work done before you receive the complementary retainer set included at the end of your treatment, the above fee of 79€ will apply to update your impressions.
- If you have dental work done after receiving the complementary retainer set included at the end of your treatment, and you are on the Maintainer Plan, the above fee of 79€ will apply to update your impressions before the next retainer is made.
- If you have dental work done and wish to create an additional retainer set not included in your membership, the above fee of 79€ will apply to update your impressions, as well as the extra fee of 99€ to cover the production of 1 retainer set and shipping. (see details for extra retainers below).
- If you have dental work done and are not part of the membership, the above fee of 79€ will apply to create your impressions, as well as the extra fee of 179€ to cover the production of 1 retainer set and shipping. (see details for extra retainers below)
- Extended Guarantee After Treatment:
Your Maintainer Plan also covers for your last 3 sets of aligners, so that if your teeth start to shift, you can quickly and efficiently re-align them. To activate this guarantee, you must provide images of your teeth clearly showing that they have moved despite wearing the retainer. This will be verified by the clinical team against your Records. This is subject to a fair use policy – if you can prove from photos that your teeth have moved back and for a maximum of 3 aligners per arch within a 12 month period.
- This guarantee does not apply if your teeth move as a result of not using your retainer.
- This guarantee allows you to recover the last 3 original planned aligners for small protecting or stabilizing movements associated with normal retainer wear. This does not cover refinements, monitoring or additional aligners which is outside the scope of this solution.
- This guarantee applies when you join the plan within 60 days of treatment completion. For those joining later on, the guarantee will work if they have been following retainer protocol with the teeth still in their post treatment position and this will be verified through photographs. The guarantee will then become effective 3 months later.
- This guarantee does not apply if you have dental work done that alters the shape of your teeth, such as veneers/crowns/bridges/implants/bonding, as our digital models on file of your dental structure would no longer be accurate. The guarantee covers for the original aligners that can be reproduced based on the original models.
If you need new aligners at this stage a dentist would need to evaluate your case and plan a new treatment adapted to the new tooth structure. If you chose to have this done with Straight Teeth Direct a new treatment would need to be initiated for teeth straightening based on standard protocol and cost.
- If you want to order any extra sets of retainers, outside of the plan, the following fees will apply:
With Maintainer Plan Membership Without Maintainer Plan Membership 99€ for 1 extra set (2 retainers) 179€ for 1 set (2 retainers) 175€ for 2 extra sets (4 retainers) 279€ for 2 sets (4 retainers) 348€ for 4 extra sets (8 retainers) 489€ for 4 sets (8 retainers)
- Retainers are only available as pairs, so you can choose to receive 2 of the same arch (2 upper or 2 lower) or a set (1 upper + 1 lower).
- These retainers are made exclusively for your use and it is your responsibility to maintain your dental health. If you do not use your retainer, your teeth will almost certainly begin shifting and misaligning again due to the forces of your jaw muscles and tongue.