We promise to
make you smile
In a day and age where quality online products are few and far between, we want to set your mind at ease.
- Be 100% sure that remote orthodontic treatment using invisible aligners can improve your smile after your case has been approved by a dentist through the e-consultation process
- As long as you follow the instructions given you won’t have to pay more if new dental impressions are needed [other companies typically charge half of the cost again)
Lost & Broken Aligner Replacement
- Accidents happen! In case you break or lose an aligner during treatment, your assigned dentist will evaluate your tooth position and, if necessary, you may receive a replacement aligner for free [other companies typically charge 99€ per replacement aligner]
- Check out the Guarantees T&Cs for more information on replacement aligners
Results Agreement Guarantee
- Your smile simulation and full report show your personal, clinically attainable results before even starting treatment. That way, you’ll know exactly where your teeth straightening journey will take you before committing.
- If teeth haven’t fully moved as predicted despite following the plan, you may be eligible for one refinement round at no extra cost [Other companies typically charge a minimum of 400€ per refinement course].
Extended Guarantee After Treatment
- Join the Maintainer Plan to extend your guarantee after treatment and keep straight teeth for life [Read more about the Maintainer Plan here]
- Choose the Basic or Premium plan and receive fresh retainers annually. Plans start from 179€ - that’s 44.75€ per retainer, where clinics typically charge 179€+ per retainer! Finance plans available for UK residents.
- All Straight Teeth Direct™ guarantees are subject to a fair use policy
The impressions guarantee is valid when you follow the instructions given to you in the form of a manual, tutorial video and through your secure account, including the return instructions. You will be asked to share photos of your
impression attempts for a dentist to review them before completing the following ones. This is an essential condition for the guarantee to be applied should new impressions be needed.
You will be given extra kits or offered a 3D scan (if applicable in your location), in case the first impressions were not good enough as long as you have followed all of the instructions and shared photos of your attempts.
In case the instructions were not followed correctly, a small fee of 40€ will be charged to contribute towards the cost of new kit and shipping.
The Lost & Broken Aligner Replacement Guarantee applies to individual aligners and for a maximum of 3 aligners within a 6 month period. This is applicable only for aligners that you should currently be wearing according to your
treatment plan, not past or future aligners.
Should you wish to have extra aligners and replacements of past or future aligners, there will be a cost of 99€ per aligner to produce.
If your aligner is broken, you must send a picture via your secure account.
Depending on your progress, which will be reviewed by the clinical team, you will be advised either to wear your most recent aligner (the aligner number before the lost/broken one) while waiting for a replacement, or, if your progress is satisfactory, you may be able to move on to the next aligner number without waiting for a replacement.
There is no general solution for all cases, so make sure to let us know via your app account as soon as you lose/break your aligner, and you will be given advice.
The Lost and Broken guarantee applies exclusively to aligners during treatment and does not apply to retainers which mark the end of the treatment and service on one or both arches. The complimentary set of retainers included in the treatment is guaranteed against breakage from normal use for 14 days after receipt (similar to the length of time you would use your aligners). To activate this guarantee, you must send us a picture clearly showing the broken retainer. If the retainer breaks after use (more than 14 days), it is no longer covered by the breakage guarantee. Retainers are designed for nightly use, and are not intended as a replacement for a teeth grinding splint / bruxism treatment / to withstand excessive pressure, which requires a thicker appliance.
Results Agreement Guarantee applies for a free round of refinement aligners if the aligners have been used exactly as instructed, i.e. wearing them for the full 22 hours a day, for the duration recommended (2 to 4 weeks), all virtual aligner reviews have been completed promptly and some residual movement can still be achieved safely.
Wearing each aligner for less than the time period prescribed in your treatment plan or as specifically indicated by the clinical team invalidates the guarantee, as it leads to incomplete tooth movement.
Not wearing the aligners in the prescribed sequence for longer than 8 weeks also invalidates the guarantees attached to your results agreement.
The above steps are key to guaranteeing visibly straighter teeth, and if you miss any of these steps, more aligners won’t be supplied free of charge.
The guarantee becomes void should you alter the shape of your teeth through a dental procedure.
If, despite following all instructions outlined in your personal plan, your teeth do not respond to the aligners as predicted and more movement can be achieved through the use of aligners, the clinical team will propose a refinement round. This happens in only 20% of cases and after one round of refinement (which is calculated case by case based on the possible movement) the teeth should end up in their straightest possible position. At this stage if the outcome does not match the 3D simulation it can be due to following factors:
- Improper or lack of aligner wear and non compliance to instructions
- Poor oral hygiene and calculus build up
- Bio-individual factors (reduced response rate based on bone density, muscular functions)
As much as we like to help at that point we can’t control or be responsible for these factors. Additional aligners outside of the guarantees can be purchased at 99€ per individual aligner or 299€ per pack of 4 individual aligners.
Production of additional aligners or refinement rounds is subject to clinical assessment for possible safe movement, if a limit has been reached then more movement may not be possible. Asymmetries of tooth shape, jaw position and tooth colour all influence the subjective aesthetic perception of your smile. Everybody has different teeth, which is why you receive a full 3D smile simulation and comprehensive treatment plan, in which your individual best outcome is explained and depicted at length. This informs you on the clinical results attainable in your specific case, which depend on your bone structure and how your teeth respond to the treatment.
It is important to note that biological factors, such as tooth thickness, can limit the tooth's responsiveness to treatment and ability to align in 100% accordance with the plan, a factor that cannot be detected or predicted at the treatment planning stage.
The Results Agreement Guarantee only applies if the best possible cosmetic orthodontic outcome in your specific case is not achieved, and does not include or cover variations to the plan based on tooth shape, reduced biological response or subjective aesthetic perception of your smile, or of what a perfect smile is.
Extended Guarantee After Treatment (optional and based on suitability)
Read more about the Maintainer Plan LEARN MORE